OFFICE OF THE CE
All Press Releases
Continued updates on storm matters:
- FEMA: The county received a presidential declaration of an emergency for Westchester on Friday, Nov. 2. This means the county will be able to apply for aid from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. In the meantime, residents and business should take photos of damage and file whatever insurance claims they can. Residents should apply on line or may visit the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center in person at the County Center for help.
- Metro-North: Consult the MTA Service Advisory
- Some County parks remain closed. If a park is closed, please do not enter it. Playland suffered substantial damage on the Boardwalk and at the Ice Casino.
- If you have lost power, call Con Edison or New York State Electric & Gas directly. The phone numbers are:
- Call 9-1-1 only for emergencies.
- Residents looking for further non-emergency information should call 2-1-1.
- United Way's 2-1-1 helpline offers information about shelters, road closures, recovery services, power outages, donations, volunteer opportunities, and other disaster-related services. Call specialists can communicate in more than 250 languages. The line is available seven days a week.
- Bee-Line: Sign up for the Transportation Quick News for updated bus and ParaTransit service information.
Latest news updates (full press releases):
- Bee-line bus and ParaTransit service
- Post-storm-related health alerts
- Household Material Recovery Facility Accepting Walk-Ins Nov. 1 and 3
- Gas gouging and supplies and possible contractor scams in aftermath of Sandy
- Avoid contact with Hudson River
Other relevant safety information:
- ConEd Storm Central
- NYSEG Outage Central
- CDC: Keep food and water safe
- EPA: Emergency disinfection of drinking water