OFFICE OF THE CE
All Press Releases
On Dec. 5, Westchester County will be cosponsoring the next MaryLou Seaman blood drive with the New York Blood Center.
During this holiday season, it is important to remember that the need for blood is ongoing and especially urgent during this time of year. Donating blood is literally giving the gift of life. Each day, patients in our region need close to 2,000 people a day to roll up their sleeves to give the gift of life. There is simply no substitute for voluntarily donated blood. Without volunteer donors, our community would not have an adequate blood supply.
Donations will be scheduled every 15 minutes at the Westchester County Center, 198 Central Park Avenue, White Plains, between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., with the last donation appointment scheduled for 3:45p.m. The process is completely safe and painless and will take approximately one hour from registration to enjoying snacks at the canteen after the donation.
Blood is always needed
- First-time donors and experienced donors are urged to join county employees as they donate.
- This drive will feature opportunities for donations of whole blood and the Alyx/double red cell technology.
- A picture ID is required and previous donors may use their donor card as ID also. Social Security numbers are no longer required.
- All donors should drink plenty of fluids and eat a good meal prior to their donation.
- Free juice, coffee, cookies, and tasty snacks will be provided.
- Ages 16 (with completed NYBC consent form) - 76 years of age
- Minimum 110 lbs
- General good health
If you have any questions about donor eligibility questions, call (800) 688-0900, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. To make an appointment, call Janet Lokay at (914) 995-2127. We are encouraging donors to make appointments, but will also welcome walk-ins.
We greatly appreciate your support.